Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm gonna be edumacated!

A year ago, almost to the day - I opened up an e-mail from the BYU college of nursing to the following greeting:

Dear Student:

Your application for acceptance to the College of Nursing for Fall 2010 has been carefully reviewed.  You were one of a large number of exceptionally qualified students who applied this semester. Unfortunately, we are not able to admit you to the nursing program at this time.
...etc...

Yesterday, I opened a new e-mail.....the first line simply said:


Hello New 1st Semester Students!!

It took me until I was about half way done with reading the e-mail to realize what it all meant.  Hahaha! I sat stunned and then ran tippy-toed through the office to tell the only person close by that knew how much this meant to me - Jenny Brooks :) She's been there with me through the past year - through all the ups and downs, the questions, and the guesses. 
I don't know if I can fully explain how much I have wanted this - it's my dream to be a nurse, and now I don't have to give up the friends I've made here in Utah.   I get to stay right here - with the friends I love - and start learning the subjects I love.  It's been a year of hard work...including squeezing a chem class into my lunch break; but it paid off. 
The permanent smile on my face yesterday was a welcome new beginning.  Everything seems to be changing lately, but - with some work - it's all looking up :)
I'm the happiest girl in the world, and I'm gonna be edumacated!





1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO!!! There is NOTHING like that feeling of getting into nursing school ! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete