Thursday, June 28, 2012

Witness #1

There are some things that I've seen lately for the first time in my life, so here it goes:

#1 - A hit and run

Yes indeed, there we were,  sitting at the end of 560 North waiting to turn left onto 9th East - there were two cars in front of us.  The first one went, and then the gray truck directly in front of us edged his way out.  A white car was passing by and the anxious truck driver put on the gas way too quickly.  He was trying to shoot the gap, (it wasn't a big one) and right as he got into the intersection he clipped the back of the white car. 

It took us a few seconds to realize the bang we heard was metal on metal, and then I spotted the dent in the back right side of the passing car.  It was pretty big.  The white car driver immediately slowed down to pull over to the side and do the whole insurance exchange thing I'm sure, but that was not the plan for the truck - traffic was totally stopped, but he booked it straight across 9th East and into the neighborhood across the street.  The guy in the white car was FURIOUS - he rolled down his window, starting yelling and honking - raising quite a scene (and I don't blame him).  He tore down the same path leaning half way out the window screaming at the guy.  The two cars who had been following the white car and were currently stopped both decided at the same time to follow suit.  So, they both put on the gas and joined the hunt.  I don't think that truck has much of a chance with three cars after him.  We were debating whether we should join the pack when traffic started up again blocking our way across the street.  I really wanted to know how that one was going to turn out, but now I can only speculate. 

#2 - A bike carrying.......a bike?


Yeah, this is one that I still think is pointless and it looks RIDICULOUS.  A motorcycle with a bike rack - with a bike ON IT.  OK, ok, I know you're thinking "well, you drive into the mountains and then go biking".  Sure...but let me clarify, this was seen when I came into work.  I was sitting in my car and this guy pulls into the parking lot in shirt and tie with his bike-decker contraption.  I still can't think of a reason for that.  Only one guy.....two bikes - doesn't match up.  Do I think it pointless?  Yes,  Yes I do.



To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment