Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October

October - came like a flash.

First off, conference weekend was perfect - everything I needed.  I know that God really does answer our prayers and talks through his apostles and prophets.  There's something so calming about being spiritually fed for two whole days.
In other news, I've been working on a stellar arrangement of the song "All I ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera for my brother's wedding.  I tried to work it after this beautiful arrangement:
 If only I could play it just like Sarah Chang.  the other problem: I am a soloist and won't have the complimenting part of the Cello, but I'm working around that.
Hopefully it will be everything Chris and Shauna had hoped for.  So - on the 21st I'll be taking off to Colorado Springs with my violin and trying to control my nerves so I can be part of their wedding.
I still need to figure out what to wear....sometimes I wish I had someone to make those small decisions for me - I waste far too much time in the morning staring at my closet and interviewing each of my articles of clothing... "So, why should I wear you today?".  If they don't convince me, I move on, and fact is - I end up right where I started in a second round of "interviews" until I throw up my hands and pull on my hoodie.
So, if I figure out what to wear NOW, I will therefore be preventing myself from going to a wedding in a hoodie.....although it might help my nerves.....no. no hoodies.  got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment